For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Intercontinental Grouping of Accountants and Lawyers, a company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales (company number 04183306) whose registered office is at 37 Warren Street, London, W1T 6AD.
1. What type of information do we collect from you?
We may collect and process the following information from you :
- your name, job title, phone number, address, email address, financial and credit card information, personal description, and photograph;
- other information that you provide to us when filling out forms on our website www.igal-network.com (our Website); and
- if you contact us by phone, email or otherwise, we may keep a record of that communication
- details of your visits to our Web-site and the resources that you access
2.How do we use your personal data?
We use information held about you in the following ways :
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to provide you with information and/or services that you request from us;
- to ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- to notify you about our activities and any changes to our activities
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you in this respect.to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you with information about services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box on the form on which we collect your data (where applicable) or by otherwise signifying that you do not consent to your personal data being processed in this way and notifying us in writing accordingly.
3.Disclosure of Information
You agree that we have the right to disclose and share your personal information with any member of IGAL. You agree that we may also disclose and share your personal information with selected third parties including:
- IGAL affiliates or professional advisers;
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- persons or organisations who work on our behalf to provide a product or a service to you;
- persons or organisations which perform marketing services on our behalf or with whom we have joint marketing agreements and other companies who we believe may have products and services of interest to you.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties if:
- we sell or buy any business assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- IGAL or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our member firms will be one of the transferred assets;
We may pass your personal data to other IGAL member firms and anyone who needs the data in order to fulfil your requirements for our services, or process any payment. Some of these may be located outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
We may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes.
From time to time, IGAL, IGAL members or third parties who we think have products or services of interest to you may send you emails, email newsletters or news updates alerting you to new features, products, promotions, or services pertaining to our Website or services. If you no longer wish to receive materials from us or from any of the members of IGAL and/or from such third parties, you may opt-out of receiving these communications by writing to us at Intercontinental Grouping of Accountants and Lawyers, 37 Warren Street, London, W1T 6AD or by emailing us your request to unsubscribe to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Where we store your data and how we protect it
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
5. Cookies and IP addresses
We may collect information about your computer, which may include if available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration purposes.
Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. Cookies allow a web application to adjust its operations to your requirements and preferences by gathering and retaining information in this respect.
The data does not identify an individual and we only use this information:
- to gather information on IP addresses and pages visited;
- to analyse trends;
- to administer the IGAL Website;
- to track visitors’ use of the Web-site; and
- for analysis of statistics.
6. Links to other websites
Our Website may from time to time contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. You should always check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.